Haverford: tonight's the night

© Shen Wei
© Vita Litvak

Tonight's the night! Thanks to Robin Cembalest, executive editor of ARTnews for mentioning the show (in the post "I'll stop the world and melt with you") using my Rejected popsicle image:

“Through the Plain Camera: Small and Shapely Pleasures in Contemporary Photography,” opening at 5:30 at Haverford College’s Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery. The exhibition, curated by ARTnews photo editor Rebecca Robertson and Sarah Kaufman, spotlights images of “intimate, unposed moments seemingly snapped from the daily lives of the photographers: a stain on a sofa, a bar of soap left on the sink, a perfectly wrapped package of Chinese noodle soup.”

Now I have to go figure out what the heck I'm going to wear. The gallery is about 20 minutes away from where I grew up so I'm looking forward to seeing my family, some childhood friends, and parents of childhood friends this evening (despite the fact that I had a stress dream about trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to wear...)

Comments

Popular Posts