So much going on

© S. Billie Mandle
© Leah Oates
© Amy Stein

There are so many openings and great things going on; I wish I could post about all of them but if I did my kids would never see me. I highlight as much as I can so will mention some things here: If you love Amy Stein, and I know you do, you can view her work at Clampart in the group show The Museum of Unnatural History. I have yet to see it but it's up until April 10th and looks like a great lineup.

The SCOPE art fair also starts tomorrow and one thing I'm excited about (among many) is that Leah Oates will be launching a new limited edition portfolio called Road Trip curated by none other than Ruben Natal-San Miguel (how does he do it all? Don't forget his opening on Thursday, by the way). Leah and I shared a studio in Brooklyn many moons ago, and her drive and creativity were a huge inspiration to me back then as well as now. She's the director of Station Independent Projects which is a curatorial business that organizes exhibitions and events with a focus on artist advocacy; they'll have a booth at SCOPE where you can view her portfolio along with the group show Sway.

Last but not least is Humble Arts Foundation's 31 Women in Art Photography show curated by Charlotte Cotton and Jon Feinstein. It's opening at Affirmation Arts this Saturday from 6 - 9 pm; note that an RSVP to rsvp[at]affirmationarts.com is required. HAFNY is a tireless promoter of emerging artists and I'm looking forward to being there on Saturday to help support them; congrats to Billie Mandle (beautiful beautiful work, see above), Irina Rozovsky, Robin Schwartz, Brea Souders, and Rachel Sussman for their inclusion. This is one not to be missed.

Comments

Popular Posts