WIP party rundown

I've had a crazy, insane week--to put it mildly--which has led to a lack of posting. It started off with an enormous thunderstorm in our area that took down dozens of old-growth trees and knocked out our power for a couple of days. Despite feeling frazzled and sweaty due to no AC and all of the other usual comforts, I still managed to get myself into the city for the WIP launch party, leaving my sitter with flashlights and candles and hoping for the best. My outing ended up being the highlight of an otherwise stressful week. I had the pleasure of finally meeting the lovely Cara face-to-face, seeing the also lovely Amy again, and really enjoyed getting the chance to meet and chat with talented photographers and fellow Philadelphians Justin James Reed and Will Steacy. I was also happy to have the opportunity to shake hands with Andrew Hetherington of Whats the Jackanory? fame and enjoyed hearing his firsthand take on the NY Photo festival. (You can see me with Justin and Andrew above, and view more pictures from the party here. I think I need a haircut...) I truly was amazed to see how many people came out to support the project; congratulations to Cara and Amy and the folks at Humble Arts on such a successful launch. (By the way, the next exhibit is now online and features Sally Gall, have a look). 

Comments

Popular Posts