Say no to Sarah Palin

Women against Sarah Palin can be seen here, add your voice.

Here's what I wrote:

As the mother of two young girls who holds my family's security, health and safety as my highest calling, I say no to Sarah Palin, as loudly and firmly as I possibly can. My objection to her is based not only on her conservative positions but also largely on her hypocrisy, and for what I feel are the lies she's telling about her record. The list is long, and the facts are easy to find, so I won't get into all of them here for the sake of brevity, but the two most blatant misrepresentations have been widely proven. She did not tell Congress "thanks but no thanks" regarding the "bridge to nowhere," as she stated in her address at the Republican National Convention; she did not say no to pork barrel spending, "championing reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress" (again, her words), she has asked for earmarks aplenty.

That aside, given McCain's age there is a real possibility that she could become our next president. Do we want a person who has only visited four countries in her life (one of those countries being Canada) to handle the complex foreign affairs that being president requires? That alone should give people severe pause, never mind her positions on abortion, gun control, and her absolutely abysmal environmental record. Mrs. Palin, you are no Hillary Clinton.

Frankly, if John McCain wins and Sarah Palin is just a heartbeat away from becoming president, I fear very deeply for the future of our country and the future of my two beautiful daughters. We are smarter than this, and we deserve better.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Fleming
Maplewood, NJ

Comments

Popular Posts