青年视觉

I just finished answering VISION magazine's eleven questions (most of them two and three-parts no less) via email and I'm thoroughly exhausted. Figuring out how to tackle "When were you first aware of the fleeting nature of time and life? Was there anything special that happened at that time?" and "How would you describe your life now? What is your attitude towards life?" was not easy. Luckily my babysitter was available for some extra hours this afternoon.

At some point I'll probably post the entire interview, particularly since it will appear in Chinese in the magazine and I don't think an English translation will be offered, but right now I need to step back, sleep on the whole thing, and make sure I'm happy with my responses. I think knowing it will be translated made me not obsess over sentence structure and word choice as much as I normally would, which is why I'm slightly hesitant to put it up for all to see...Ironically (or not) much of my response to the interview was about my perfectionistic tendencies and my struggle to accept things as they are. I'm not sure I've yet accepted my answers completely, as much as I put my heart and soul into the whole thing.

By the way, I'm excited to see that the June issue features KayLynn Deveney's "The Day-To-Day Life of Albert Hastings" which I love--see the entire series on her website here.

P.S. The subject line is "Vision" in Chinese.

Comments

Popular Posts