Interview on Shutter Sisters

Thanks to Stephanie Roberts for getting in touch about providing an interview for the blog Shutter Sisters. It went up today, and you can also read thoughts from Laura Noel (whose work I showed a bit of a while back in this post) on the same site here. I was struck by what she says about her photographic philosophy: "For me, photography is a way of expressing ideas that motivate me...I am interested in the intersection of the magic and the mundane. Sometimes beautiful or mysterious objects are placed out of context in a hum-drum setting and become more powerful or more interesting when placed in these unlikely spots. Sometimes these scenes are obvious but sometimes you have to have 'eyes to see' and this is where I come in." Similar to some ideas I've been pondering lately, but can't put my finger on as of yet.

Comments

Popular Posts