Todd Deutsch

© Todd Deutsch

Todd Deutsch and his wife have a new baby. I love this photograph.

"I started making photographs of my family shortly before my first son was born in 1997. The pictures became a way to maintain an even keel in the midst of rapid change. We now have three boys and are awaiting a fourth. As they grow older the desire for assurance that everything will fall into place is undermined by the reality that no such certainty exists. There is no single destination, only perpetual movement. Being a father, as it turns out, is a process of constant adjustment and evaluation. I find myself being carried along by the current rather than heading deliberately and confidently forward. I am chasing the family drift with the hope that knowing where we have been will provide insight into where we are going...Chasing the Family Drift is a way of staying mindful of the time spent in the gaps."

Congratulations.

Comments

Popular Posts