HERE and THERE


Fantastic photographer Justin Visnesky, whom I've previously talked about here and here and here and here (can you tell I like his work?) contacted me about being part of a show called HERE and THERE that he's curating at Snowflake/Citystock gallery in St. Louis, and I was only too happy to sign on. If you look back over my writing about Justin I've mentioned not only that I love his photographs, but that I think he has a real eye for editing, and in sending me files of the images he's paired up for the show he did not disappoint. I won't post any of the diptychs/triptychs so as not to ruin the surprise of seeing the work in person for those who might happen to be in the area, but be sure to check out the websites of the participating artists (including Justin himself) to get an idea of the photographers and their styles. It's also nice to be in something taking place in my old stomping grounds, as I went to college at Washington University in St. Louis and know the area well. Here are the links:


I won't be jetting out to Missouri in September, alas, but one of these days I'll have to take a nostalgic return trip--I haven't been back since I graduated in 1997 but have fond memories. Young'uns, be forewarned: eleven years can go by really, really quickly.

P.S. Justin is having a print sale; the photograph is beautiful and it's only $30.

Comments

Popular Posts