We did it

Wow. I am in awe: Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States. After all of this time--all of the anxiety, all of the hoping that it would happen and the fearing that it wouldn't--we're here on the other side. And the other side is good. After what happened in 2000 and 2004 I do find myself slightly unable to to fully believe that it's real, that this time there is someone in the White House who I feel deserves to be there. But last night, lying in bed with the radio, when his win was officially announced at 11pm, I did cry like a baby. And today, I'm in shock. And happy. And in shock. It's real, we know the outcome, America has spoken. When Obama and his family walk through the door of the White House in January it will be a beautiful symbol of just how far America has come.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm happy too. Very happy. I also cried having my breakfast. From Spain. Nice blog. Beautiful images you have also in your website.

miriam

Popular Posts